Pages

Friday 21 March 2014

How bottle feeding is going (or how bottle feeding is not going)

With just four more weeks until daycare, the clock is ticking and it is making that tick tock sound ring loudly in my ears. It is an anxious time thinking about my baby being apart from me and how she will react to that, but I am hopeful that she will adapt and thrive. What is more concerning is the lack of progress we have made towards bottles. For now the bottle is mainly a toy, a chew toy at that. It has been a painful process, which has involved some tears, but we are trying our best to let May explore the bottle and get used to it. This weeks small victory is that she actually sucked on an empty bottle twice, perhaps for a grand total of 1 minute (if even!), but that is a step up from simply chewing on it. That actually feels like a huge leap to me, so I'm remaining hopeful. Last weekend we tried putting some milk in it, that was not received very well, so it was back to playing with an empty bottle this week. I am hoping we can try some milk in it again this weekend given our little bit of progress in the sucking department, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment